My Story

My photo
Hi Loves! I created this blog to share my ever growing experience and knowledge about fitness, health, and a multitude of other things life has to offer. I'm super goofy & quirky while at the same time being an intellect & book worm. I love animals, horror flicks, and dark chocolate. I will never judge you, so do not judge me. Let's laugh a little and grow a lot.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Super Clean Eating

Hello all!

So, if you follow me on fb you'll know that today starts my super clean eating. I already eat pretty clean but I really want to push it to the next level and see what my body is capable of looking like when I give it my all. If you plan on starting this challenge the first thing you need to do is go food shopping. (MY FAVORITE). My top three food stores are Stop & Shop, Trader Joes, & Whole foods in that order and from least expensive to most expensive. I also hit up my local farmers market FIRST, because they have the cheapest produce and usually the best. I will always load my cart with the following things:


  • Spinach
  • Kale
  • Tomatoes
  • Mini cucumbers
  • Celery
  • Orange peppers
  • Eggplant
  • Cabbage slaw
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Apples
  • Bananas
  • Mangos
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Avocados
  • Cilantro
  • Scallions
  • Mushrooms
  • Frozen Tilapia (Walmart has a bag very cheap)
  • Egg white Carton
  • Unsweetened almond milk
  • nonfat plain greek yogurt
  • Natural peanut butter 
  • Fruit preserves - no sugar added
  • Single serve minute brown rice (microwavable)
  • Whole wheat/ gluten free pasta
  • No sugar added pasta sauce
  • Tuna- solid white in water
  • Flax seed & whole wheat wraps
  • Ezekiel bread
  • Frozen blueberries
  • Steamfresh veggies/Birds eye frozen veggies
  • Cottage cheese- my favorite kind is the friendship brand. 
  • Larabars
  • Veggie burgers
  • Shredded mozzarella and string cheese 
  • Low acid orange juice
  • Kashi crackers
  • Kashi go lean cereal (6 sugars and under for cereal choice)
Hope this helps get you prepared. Obviously if you eat chicken or meat get lean versions. I only eat fish and eggs so this is what my list looks like :) 

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I can't stress the importance of eating breakfast every day. Some of us are on the run (if you're running that late start waking up earlier- no excuses). A fast and yummy breakfast option for me is to buy the birds eye frozen veggies (tri color pepper and onions) I throw the frozen veggies in a pan, they warm up super fast, and then I pour eggwhites over them. Let them cook, sprinkle a little bit of cheese and either add it to a flax seed wrap with a little ketchup (organic) and take it to go. Or I eat it as an omlet and make some oatmeal or a slice of ezekial toast. We don't have to sacrifice enjoying breakfast even when we are limited to time. You can make really delicious meals in under 10 minutes. So eat up and enjoy! 

Happy Friday!

<3deborahbrittany

No comments:

Post a Comment