My Story

My photo
Hi Loves! I created this blog to share my ever growing experience and knowledge about fitness, health, and a multitude of other things life has to offer. I'm super goofy & quirky while at the same time being an intellect & book worm. I love animals, horror flicks, and dark chocolate. I will never judge you, so do not judge me. Let's laugh a little and grow a lot.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kale smoothie

Kale smoothie? I know what you're thinking. I AIN'T DRINKING THAT! Before you get your panties (or boxers) in a bunch, hear me out.

Before taking the plunge into the world of kale I would see the bag of kale in the grocery store, look at it, cringe and walk away. I saw people start making kale smoothies and I thought it would taste like dirt but it didn't! It takes on a tasteless flavor so when combined with fruits like mango, pineapple, and apples it takes on a yummy smoothie taste!

The benefits of adding kale to your diet are fantastic. Incorporating kale into your daily diet can help protect against cancer and lower cholesterol. Kale is known to be one of the healthiest vegetables on the planet. And it's available in your local food store for under 4 dollars. Who knew? Kale provides vitamin A, B6, C & K along with calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and manganese.

My smoothie recipe!

I use the Hamilton beach single serve blender. It's 12 dollars. And FABULOUS.

- add 1 cup of kale to blender
- add 3/4 cup water
(blend)
- add chopped fruit of choice. I used mango and banana.
(blend)
- add shredded coconut, 5 ice cubes and a splash of OJ.
(blend)
- poor into favorite cup, grab a straw and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment